Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 1 : Browse the web

Yep, thats pretty much all I did on the day after my injury.

not an elegant soft cast

  • I was using a single crutch then. Not sure how i managed, because its tough. Sure had many close falls. Teaching your arms to bear your weight is most important. At the end of the whole 8 week exercise, you will have the arms of a boxing champion with the feet of a 100 year old!

  • Browse the web and you will find RICE.
  • R=REST, lots of it
  • I= ICE, helps feel no pain and reduced swelling
  • C=COMPRESSION, the cast should help, otherwise it is a good idea to wear something to restrain the muscles, bones and ligaments.
  • E=ELEVATION, necessity to reduce the swelling. Keep you atleast a good feet or two above your heart level. Especially in my case, the swelling was huge. Elevation was probably the only way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment