Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 18 : Finally, the elegant fibre cast

The swelling on my feet has completely come down by now. Small bump still around the ankle, which the doc believes will take longer to disappear.

Good thing about bone/ligament injuries - Treatment is just the same. Pack you injury in an immobile cast and wait for the body to figure its solution. Works everytime. Kudos to orthopedics!

Doc does me a favor - Time to put on the more elegant, light weight fibre cast. Available in all your favorite colors!

for whatever reason, art flourishes on casts.


  • So 3 weeks after my injury, I finally get my ankle into a cast. By ankle I mean, tip of my toes to my knee. "From one joint to the next, to ensure complete immobility" - as the doctor ordered. 
  • Make sure that a teeny bit of your toes peep out. This will ensure if some bad happens inside the cast, we will know it. 
  • Move the toes every once in a while. Again to ensure 'all is well'.
  • Its not a good idea to get water inside the cast. Taking bath is whole new challenge now. 
  • First 2-3 weeks in the cast, continue to take rest/elevate. This allows the injury to start the healing process.
  • the next 2 weeks, healing will accelerate if we can pump some blood to the injured area. So some movement is advisable.  



No comments:

Post a Comment